» Google Backlinks Explanations
Google Backlinks - Description
On Google terms backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts.
Mainly Google backlinks refers to the number of incoming links to your domain from other websites already indexed by Google. The backlinks number might vary during updates.
Backlinks are one of the great equalizers for Google algorithm, along with other principles, being the main factor on discerning between unique content and scraped one (the most popular gets the authority always).
Google "bots" (termed robots) and "spiders" are constantly crawling the web, first searching trustworthy sites that backlink a less important one.
Getting quality backlinks should be a priority for having high traffic and high search results page visibility.
Directory listings tent to count less and less as a valid backlink ever since Google started identifing the link farms.
Google BackLinks Practice
Best way of checking Google backlinks is by their own tool "Webmaster Tools" (works only for site owners), where after site authentication Google lets you dig into the details, by going to section "Links" > "Pages with external links" and look for your inbound links.
The simplest way (yet not bullet proof) of checking Google BackLinks is by using custom queries like so:
To remember about Google Backlinks
- Google never shows the exact number of backlinks to any domain for multiple reasons (not giving away much information that might aid those who wish to manipulate the results), Google Webmaster console may almost certainly show more links for any site.
- content duplicated pages may not show any backlinks because of Google's nature of selecting only unique contents, relevant and detailed wherever possible.
- backlinks that do show up on Google results are often from only the highest quality sites; those already considered credible themselves.
- a one way backlink from Google does not always mean that it is carrying any ranking (Google weight)
- no software or internet tool can show the exact number of backlinks that Google knows about.
- backlinks are essential to publicise your website and the more backlinks to your own website, the more traffic it gets.
- quality backlinks (judged by the websites' popularity they come from) done over a natural flow are the key, since Google implemented the websites "aging process" for trusted content over time.
- commenting on sites, forums and blogs for getting backlinks to own website, do count as a backlink on Google results and always associate that specific Anchor Text to your site, even when Google itself is not showing it.
- when possible choose backlinks surrounded with content, rather than simple link listings as they will pass on more juice to own domain.